|“||Don't look at him. That's how he got me.||”|
Eye Contact Connection (ECC) is an action that allows sensates outside a cluster to share the same psychic link. This is activated through eye-to-eye contact. This connection may occur even before a sensate is re-born. As a child, Will experienced a connection with Sara; similarly, Riley had a connection with Yrsa. There appears to be no limit to the number of connections a sensate can form through eye contact, as evidenced by the sensate Puck, who boasted of a connection to 387 sensates across the world.
The eye contact connection may be undesirable. Whispers commonly uses this connection to hunt his targets.
While not explicitly explained, season two shows numerous cross-cluster links being established without proper and direct eye contact. Some kind of mutual glance is still needed, but the conditions are clearly less strict than was previously suggested. For example, quickly skimming through a crowd of people could be enough, should another sensate be watching you. Blockers prevent the formation of these connections.
- Angelica and Whispers, occurs off-screen at an unknown moment.
- Riley and Yrsa, formed in Riley's childhood.
- Will and Sara, formed in Will's childhood.
- Jonas and Nomi, formed during the San Francisco Pride Parade. (I Am Also a We)
- Jonas and Will, when Jonas finds Will in Chicago. (I Am Also a We)
- Jonas and Whispers, occurs off-sceen while Jonas is a prisoner of BPO.
- Will and Whispers, occurs during the Iceland escape. (I Can't Leave Her)
- Wolfgang and Lila, formed when they meet in Berlin. (Obligate Mutualisms)
- Riley and Mr. Hoy, formed at Riley's concert in Amsterdam. (Fear Never Fixed Anything)
- Riley and Bodhi, formed at Riley's concert in Amsterdam. (Fear Never Fixed Anything)
- Riley and Puck, formed at Riley's concert in Amsterdam. (Fear Never Fixed Anything)
- Capheus and four other sensates, formed during Capheus' speech. (If All the World's a Stage, Identity Is Nothing But a Costume)
- Sun and Puck, after he helped her evade police capture. (You Want a War?)
- Wolfgang and Whispers, occurs during Wolfgang's capture by BPO. (You Want a War?)
- Will and Lila, formed at the exchange between Wolfgang and Whispers. (Amor Vincit Omnia)